We’re calling for an emergency reduction of VAT to 5% for hair & beauty businesses
The hairdressing and beauty industry:
- Contributes over £6.6bn to the UK economy, employing over 337,687 people, across approximately 49,371 salons. (Source:Economic Impact Assessment – Commissioned by The Hair & Barber Council)
- Generates approximately 1/3rd tax take (for HMRC) as a proportion of sales. As value is primarily added via the employed workforce.
- Provides personal services which cannot be substituted, when closed our income is zero. A reduction in VAT whilst trading will help restore battered finances and keep workers in a job.
- Enables flexible working patterns to support family life, of particular benefit to women, who make 88% of this sectors workforce
- Provides numerous apprenticeship opportunities to huge numbers of young people
- Draws millions of consumers per day to retail centres providing a community hub and supporting other local retail
- Promotes personal wellbeing and essential emotional support at times of crisis
Please personalise the Template letter and make this happen!
CLICK HERE to download a DRAFT Template Letter to MP’s
CLICK HERE to download a DRAFT Template with Detailed Answers for MP’s HW Revisions